Leadership Styles

Harry Cramb

Resident Agent in Charge

Resident Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN
  • ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET

unknown.png?width=1148&height=645

I have put 2 documents below as a way for everyone to read and download. I will also be putting up a toic of learning styles that goes hand in hand with this and is important to know for people to maximise they're teaching capability as its important for us to know how to exploit someones way of learning in order for them to learn as best as possible.

First of all to clarify this is not in order of what is used most when it comes to teaching/instructing or what is best used. This is simply a list of different teaching methods. Realistically we would use a handful of these styles majority of the time when teaching but we should be in general using all them, whether again we use them more or less than the other. 

In a clans perspective of course the command style will come to mind as what we use most when teaching and just general leading, which i wouldn't disagree with especially if you are a newcomer to running training's/sessions as a member. A more experienced trainer will hopeful use a multitude of styles when training people (depending on the training of course) like Guided Discovery, Practice and Reciprocal. It could even be possible that they may have their own type of style that isn't up there but really only people with experience in teaching or leading will be able to do this as they would have cultivated their skill through the years with the obtained experience they have gained from teaching and leading.

Anyway it would be interesting for myself (since im doing a module on this) to hear what people feel they're leadership style is or what they've used most when teaching/instructing and i guess lastly what style you think we could use to improve different training environments in the clan. 

For myself when im actually instructing in my job i found ive used Practice, Reciprocal, Guided Discovery, Learner Designed and Command the most in my different sessions. 

Teaching & Learning strategies and styles 2020 (1).docx Teaching-Styles(1).pdf

I appreciate you taking the time to showcase various leaderships styles, and demonstrating their array of effectiveness and application for those in academia/teaching as well as in a clan structure. What strategy have you seen most oftentimes used in your line of work? In my occupation we use slightly different styles, though it’s with the same premise as you have described above

- Shandy 

(edited)

What I mean by that is, which learning style have you found to be particularly effective whether it be in leadership or in day to day events? For example, some of the strategies you listed when you instruct are effective. Though what I would think would be interesting to delve into, is if you had to pick one, which would it be and why. I hope this is more clearer, if not please let me know and I’ll update it accordingly.

- Shandy

Edited by Shandykidinkent
Punctuation error

Resident Agent in Charge

Resident Agent in Charge

• ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET

Well as im sure your well aware haha outdoor instructing/teaching is of different environments which is where i find i use Practice or Guided Discovery are the two i use very often. Since are on a more 1 to 1 basis or at most 1 to 6 compared to a typical classroom of 30+ i feel these  are best suited and most effective for our area of teaching.

I was once told that leadership couldn't be thought and that everyone had their own leadership style. In doing so I lead in different ways depending on the situation. Basically my point is there is no proper leading style that will always work for everything.

Resident Agent in Charge

Resident Agent in Charge

• ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET
(edited)

I dont know who this is thats commented but i mean you've completely misread this entire thread.

1. These are types of leadership styles. Not how one should lead. Its basically saying that we all lead in different ways and thats what those ways are called.

2. I disagree leadership can be taught. As someone that trains new instructors on a yearly basis to become good and efficient instructors i can say safely and proudly you can. Though i will say that there are some people that are not meant to be a leader mainly down to the fact they dont know how to handle the pressure of responsibility given to them by their role.

3. As you said it yourself you lead in different ways depending on the situation which is why i stated about people using multiple leadership style and methods and not just the one at a given moment. If you are referring to my reply to shandy then he was asking what i feel i sue most in my industry.

So ill stretch out the same comment to you what styles do you feel that you use above and what is it that you do?

Edited by Harry Cramb

I'm in management of retail and depending on the situation and what my team needs dictates how I lead them. Now the styles I can't exactly tell you by name since I cant see them since I haven't made an account. I will continue read these forums now.