TOR VPN v.s. Nord VPN

Im Mr Morris

Attendant

Attendant

• [Y] EARLY RETIREMENT

TOR has a browser+VPN app and a $39.99 yearly plan. NordVPN is roughly $79.99 annually which is my current VPN Provider. Has anyone here used the TOR VPN and if so, is a it equivalent or better than Nord? Half off of what I currently pay for the same or more would be an incredible deal.

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Between the two, NordVPN was hacked in 2018 compromising peoples browsing habits. I'm not familiar with Tor Browser+VPN app, I know you can use Tor just for free and it works like a VPN, will just give out data if javascript is enabled whenever you visit sites. 

Here's something quick on NordVPN along with other VPN's hacked around the same time for the luls. 

On May 3rd, 2018, a user on the 8chan message board started a discussion asking for VPN recommendations, and other users began adding their favorites: NordVPN, Mullvad, TorGuard, VikingVPN, cryptostorm and more. 

At 20:46, another user made a post commenting on these suggestions. Mullvad and cryptostorm got an approving 'good choice!', but NordVPN, TorGuard and VikingVPN got a 'lol, no', with links to evidence showing hacked server details from each provider: configuration files, private keys, basic session details and more. 

Scanning the text, we noticed the VikingVPN and TorGuard links appeared to show session connection times and some file information from Thursday May 3rd, the day the 8chan discussion began. 

That suggests the user hadn't just found these somewhere, or got them from someone else; he saw the thread and grabbed live server information almost immediately. That's either a very speedy hack, or the user already knew the vulnerability for each provider.

NordVPN's details didn't include any dating information. When did the hack occur, then? That's where the picture gets murky.

This is a tweet connected to the same article. 

Article has a lot of ads but here it is. 

https://www.techradar.com/news/whats-the-truth-about-the-nordvpn-breach-heres-what-we-now-know ]