Which to Buy? Xbox Series X or PC?

WulfeBear

Auditor

Auditor

Idk about you all but trying to find the Series X in store has been an absolute nightmare.

With cross play now available, I'm wondering if maybe I should go back to PC (I don't have a "gaming PC," so I'd have to purchase one). Now, I'm not looking to buy something like super high end or even build my own. But it seems that in the most case its at least for the moment easier to get your hands on a PC than it is to find a Series X.

Should I just be patient, I mean eventually the supply will pick up...or should I just start putting money away for a PC and go that route?

Keep in mind that I haven't played PC games since like the 90's when Delta Force was out (if anyone even knows what that was).

Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• [G] CONTRACTOR

As far as a pc for MCC I would wait until Halo Infinites system requirements are posted. That said if your looking to buy now, my work has a Ryzen 3 2200g, 8gb of DDR4 ram and a GTX 1050 to that easily runs MCC. You could look for more budget end prebuilts along those part lines. Feel free to DM me either in discord or Xbox 

Auditor

Auditor

53 minutes ago, Canadian Taco5 said:

As far as a pc for MCC I would wait until Halo Infinites system requirements are posted. That said if your looking to buy now, my work has a Ryzen 3 2200g, 8gb of DDR4 ram and a GTX 1050 to that easily runs MCC. You could look for more budget end prebuilts along those part lines. Feel free to DM me either in discord or Xbox 

That didn't quite answer my question on whether I should go the PC route or wait for the Series X lol.

Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• [G] CONTRACTOR

Right my bad. Realistically if it’s just for gaming, and MCC in general I’d get the series X, yea availability is nearly no existent but you cannot build a pc to match its performance for the price. That and gpu shortages mean that building your own pc will be tougher/more expensive. 

Field Agent

Field Agent

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN

I haven't had an Xbox since the 360. I know that Infinite is going to be on PC as well as the series X. I personally would go with a PC since a lot of games are transitioning to PC and you don't have to pay for xbox live on PC to play online. 

Steam has such a plethora of games that you can almost do anything on a PC and adding storage space is super easy.

Thats just me personally lol 

• 4 weeks later...