Inside Infinite - June 2021

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

This is a summarized thread of what all information was available in the blog
[ https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-june-2021 ]

• Out of the gate players can get starting gear and get rewards from the free Battle Pass track, the paid Battle Pass track, challenges, skill rewards, event reward tracks, legacy rewards (H5’s SR 152, for example), and be rewarded for some campaign actions. We have a number of Season 1 giveaways as well – certain weeks and days have some significance inside and outside the game, so we’ve set aside pieces for players to login and claim.

• Halowaypoint is getting a visual update and Android/iOS app.
    • All of the new game-specific features are super exciting but Halo Waypoint will also continue to operate as a community hub for the franchise. What types of changes / updates will we see in this regard? 

KP: Now might be a good time to announce that we will move to Discourse as our forum platform. This is a huge benefit for players who now get to use one of the most popular forum solutions in the world, and also for us who no longer need to build and maintain our own forum as we did for the current site.

CJ Ramos: One of the things I was honored in creating were the new service awards. I wanted to make medallions that looked very premium, prestigious, and also very unique to Waypoint. I took design cues from past commendations, medals, and achievements and combined that with my work on the Halo: Outpost Discovery medallions. I hope our users love them and have fun collecting them.

waypoint-service-awards-1120-e997a2a88fd34b8a90ee3b1819d53def.png

• Word from Creative Director, Joseph Staten

During the Halo Infinite section of the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase, I said the Master Chief is “the heart of Halo.” This is true, and we can’t wait for all of you to play the latest epic and intimate chapter of the Chief’s story. But it isn’t the whole truth… There’s another hero standing beside Master Chief at the very heart of the Halo universe. Some of you may have met this hero way back in 2001 with the launch of Halo: Combat Evolved. Some of you will meet this hero for the first time this holiday.

Because this hero is you.

Or rather, they are the character you become every time you step into a Halo Multiplayer match. And the next step of their journey begins with the launch of Halo Infinite’s first Multiplayer Season, which we’re calling “Heroes of Reach.” Customizing your character, making your Spartan look and sound exactly the way you want, is a huge part of the journey. So is tracking your triumphs and setbacks or interacting with your friends and foes on a new-and-improved Halo Waypoint. But your journey is more than that.

At the center of our plans is a goal to deeply root your Multiplayer character in the larger Halo universe and give them a vital, active role in the Halo story moving forward. How exactly we’re going to do this in the Seasons and years ahead… Well, we’re not ready to share details yet. But I can share that we picked “Heroes of Reach” as a Seasonal theme for very specific reasons: Reach has a rich history; it’s a key location for Spartans of old and a focal point for a new generation of Spartans preparing to wrestle with the perils and mysteries of a galaxy that has fundamentally changed after the events of Halo 5.

Indeed, Halo Infinite’s first Multiplayer Season takes place at a transformational moment in Halo history—at the pivot point from one generation of heroes to the next. In this moment, your Multiplayer hero is waiting just offstage, geared up for battle and ready to spring into action.

And their epic story has yet to be told.

That's it from me, just about all the important stuff I picked up from this blog. If you see something else that should be highlighted feel free to add in a reply.