Google Excel Roster IMPORTRANGE Functions

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

So small project, its pretty clear there are some issues with using the rosters how we wanted (to show everyone and everything) and so we ended up creating smaller rosters for Squads to manage and even go granular in detail. One of the hurdles in doing this is the work added to managing two rosters or more, today I wanted to bring forward my findings here in what is the IMPORTRANGE Functions. 

I have already set this up with the Spades Roster and the Spirit of Fire Roster. Anytime the Spades roster is updated, the Spirit of Fire Roster is also updated now in its definitive cell range. 

=IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v134pr9DEQC2KYyGVW0XmcgejD6DCG4L5TiFcvxEbb8/edit","45th Marine Regiment!E10:F21")

This is the example code of Spade-1 and the first Squads list of gamer tags

=IMPORTRANGE is the function, followed by the URL of the destination sheet and the name, and the range of the destination sheet. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
1 minute ago, Canadian Taco5 said:

One thing I noticed looking at 1st Platoon sheet vs the SoF is that SoF doesn’t have a ranks column so that data doesn’t get pulled over. Is this intentional or something we can implement a fix for?

It was intentional, I left it out since I really don't want so much stress put on ranks. There are some systematic, by design problems we have to eliminate and I could only think of not including it in the mega roster as a solution.