U.S. MARINE CORPS JOINS FORCES WITH HALO CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/u-s-marine-corps-joins-forces-with-halo-championship-series ] 

I meant to cover this way before, but got a little too busy to say anything more than "it happened" haha. So now with a little more time I want to explain where this is good and maybe bad to gamers over Halo. Its huge to see partnerships between the armed forces and Halo itself. Its these kinds of connections that I hope push people into taking the time to try and join the actual military vs. acting the part online in virtual games; As a decade long story telling clan and in my leadership experience of +15 years in clans it has been a consistent fight in catching stolen valor, out-of-context service and gamers that have adopted military personalities based on made up stories from clans. 

Some don't diffrentiate between the two enough; groups on Arma and higher age gated groups where members are mature and the intellectual ceiling is higher but for Xbox in its ease and accessibility as a living room console, the kids really mess it up here associating clan role play with actual service and not being corrected for years. The added context in a growing world of information becomes so much more dire in this space and this partnership should really clarify, how hard do you want to go in a military siimulation? At what point should you just drop this shit and actually do something with your life instead of taking the role play too seriously. Another big discussion can be created here. 

Now the absolute downside and a argument I actually haven't heard in quite sometime until they announced the partnership on stream is the brought up far reaching topic of the the military industrial complex a concept by which describes the relationship between a country's military and the defense industry that supplies it, seen together as a vested interest which influences public policy. A driving factor behind the relationship between the military and the defense-minded corporations is that both sides benefit—one side from obtaining war weapons, and the other from being paid to supply them. The term is most often used in reference to the system behind the armed forces of the United States, where the relationship is most prevalent due to close links among defense contractors, the Pentagon, and politicians. This is really something for a new topic itself but its seen here when the partnership is positioned to further military gain by employing more people. To me the concepts a little hard to understand but it is a negative, as most gamers here if you have a future sight or ambition for yourself the military is not necessarily the best place to go. I could also argue, beinig a strong supporter that it is the only place to go so long as you have higher ASVAB scores and socialable, exercisable connections.