Co-Op Campaign is actually unnecessary

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

I want to preface that this comes from a place where we received message that the desync and other network-related issues are followed by a team that is prioritizing co-op campaign over the overall networking issues. Everyone should know that NETWORKING is more important than launching Co-op campaign, because like Master Chief Collection what does it matter to play co-op campaign when there are lag outs that end the entire game sometimes even crashing others, button lag-delay where input is literally 5 seconds after or more. 

Who is actually playing co-op campaign, who is wanting this feature added for its intrinsic value? 

Campaign is fun, fighting through the story telling especially with friends is one of the best experiences Halo has to offer. But once, twice maybe three times typically enough for more gamers out there. I cannot imagine anyone coming back to play Co-op especially more than once or twice without a genuine love for pulling people through LASO. 

Co-op also, could only be successful if they could add story to it like Halo 3 where each co-op player after played a different Sangheili model including the Arbiter. Co-op could only satisfy me and I think the majority of the community too if it was more than 2 players. Co-op is fun, but if its not challenging it isn't fun. Its never going to be like these experiences people had in other Halos that they keep chasing and will be a significant let down to that haptic group. 

Co-op shouldn't be a priority, Campaign DLC is more important and just a working network on the game from connecting to servers, to loading content and reducing search times. 

• 3 weeks later...
Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

The beta- Halo Insider flighting is public for this now and its even bigger testament to what I've already said but more. 

The game is practically tested as if it will always work outside of the silly lab environment they make in office. Unless everyone is on the same Internet connection or LAN it lags horrendously. Even if two players are on the same side of the country and connect to the same server at anymore than 60ms its chalked. The QA for this is non-existent so they use the flighting program in hopes of getting free QA but face the same issues that plague the multiplayer experience. DESYNC. 

The solution has already been discussed and there is no reason why its not being implemented. 

60 tick rate servers need to be bumped to 120 ticks for this game to be viable for the future, but we're probably going to have to coast the boat because its clear 343 isn't listening to the community.