How a battle royale could fit into the story

LITTLE LEVEL

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

So how could a halo battle royale even fit in the story? Rarely have spartans gone rogue and fought the against the UNSC let alone the other spartans so how could this even work out. Well I have 2 ways it could fit into the story and actually make sense.

Option 1: Make it set in the pre-covenant era

As most people know spartans where made way before the covenant and originally where created to fight against rebels so maybe the BR could take place in that time and it could be a huge war between the factions. This would help explain why it is spartan against spartan because some would be rebels, others would work for the UNSC, and just others would want freedom. Now I know spartan 2's usually didn't defect but maybe they could make it lore that maybe there where other spartans projects never brought up that actually resulted in spartans that wouldn't obey orders and ending up joining rebels. It would actually be a cool storyline to show a generation of forgotten spartans that actually helped rebels.

Option 2: A civil war caused by the joining of the elites and humans.

Now this one is less likely but maybe they could make a civil war that was caused because some people believed the UNSC shouldn't recruit elites. So a civil war where everyone fought over if elites would be excepted as allies. This would explain why the battle royale would feature spartan vs spartan and open the door for playable elites. 

Tell me what you guys think.

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER
  • MARINE CORPS ı E5 ı SGT

I like the Pre-covenant war era option is a really good idea but seeing as its likely any Battle Royale will want to keep Halo's core game play formula of shields or armor its likely it will be an ODST rendition with armor plates to pick up and recover from or Spartans with shields. I don't think they will twist the story beyond it being all War Games simulation with a SERE focus.

There is lore of one of the training facilities in Halo being shared with elites. It could help validate bringing back the player models but not something I could imagine for Battle Royale, unless they did both at the same time which would be crazy!

Auditor

Auditor

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Civil war over Elites? Last I heard ONI was trying to subvert the UNSC and distrusting of the elites. I don't think many people cared about the elites that much post war, not sure how they economically recovered from losing entire planets though. Meridian was gone and after the Created that would not have changed so much. First one makes more sense but also its Battle Royale!? Dropping from the sky in an ODST pod just makes so much sense. I didn't even think of the armor plate mechanic I think I've seen that in PUBG? or CODWZ? 

In any news we need one for Halo but probably not going to see it for awhile 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

They could make a really great game out of Contact Harvest, the first book and contact humanity had with the covenant to bring back the Sangheili player models. They could also even add a twist and make a PVE style battle royale game mode kind of like DMZ in Call of Duty or Fortnite which added bots on the map that would engage you. Harvest as one of the first planets to fall is where the UNSC actually tried to take back the planet and we get a backstory, glimpse to that in the first Halo Wars game. 

It wouldn't be too far from any narrative to write in a native battle royale experience there. The playable elites civil war though? Maybe if they highlight more of Arbiters story as a core character. He unfortunately came back home to a civil war with warring states. I feel like the risk is too big to introduce an all covenant game or even a half and half, since most players around Halo don't care too much about the topic. 

On 8/29/2023 at 10:18 PM, CAPT N Reibach said:

ODST rendition with armor plates to pick up and recover from

Actually genius by the way, you clearly play more battle royale games than all of us 

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I actually had another idea how they could do it. Remember in the the mission the long road in Halo infinite when you enter an arena and Eschraum said he would put marines in there to fight to the death. What if the battle royale was set in that arena and you had to fight other spartans captured by the banished?

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
On 8/30/2023 at 3:14 AM, CLASSIFIED said:

I actually had another idea how they could do it. Remember in the the mission the long road in Halo infinite when you enter an arena and Eschraum said he would put marines in there to fight to the death. What if the battle royale was set in that arena and you had to fight other spartans captured by the banished?

You know whats funny, someone form the datamining community hinted at the possibility of Firefight and Firefight also becoming forge-able, meaning that in addition to some maps from the campaign you can make your own maps and set up your own Firefight games on custom maps.