Black hate in Halo Esports

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

A fan shouted "Fuck APG" in the crowd at HCS Fort Worth, Texas this past weekend. No one did anything, yet people knew exactly who it was citing that they were sitting next to him. Its been on more than one occasion where APG has had to face this as a pro player but bringing home the win makes it that much sweeter. APG is used to this, new amateur players like Kuhlect are told they need to be stronger and the scene itself doesn't address that this isn't trash talking anymore; that in its entirety trash talking should not exist. 

I think this needs its own thread to highlight what actions are going to take place following this event. For now, no updates on what has happened and Optic Gaming enjoy a win at this last HCS Major before the Worlds next month. 

Agent

Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER
  • NAVY OFFICER ı O1 ı ENS
  • ONI OPERATIVE

I didnt see what happened. But a friend said that someone said that too and soon after got dog piled with fists, I could've misheard him tho (idk how). Overall, APG has gotten a lot of flack in Infinite and I can't attest to the past (though I am sure it was race focused and could easily be now) but in chats about him from the streams or reddit, etc, they mostly hate him because his stats are "trash" or he isnt able to "keep up" and due to that should be dropped. Yet APG always proves them wrong every time. Watching APG's own streams, when he talks about this, he knows he is the shit and that the trash talk is coming from trash people. I'd say most pros or those active in the comp scene would say APG is legit and one of the best at what he does, support.

🛹

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Yeah I doubt any violence at the venue 😂  

The title might be a bit more click baity, but as a mod in APG's twitch its just something I've seen for so long now throughout the Halo Infinite HCS series, both year one and year two. Twitch chat is an awful place already and not a good representation of any community, but I've seen it happen live to others like Kuhlect and in this event at the venue. 

On 9/6/2023 at 5:28 AM, Venture Jones said:

Watching APG's own streams, when he talks about this, he knows he is the shit and that the trash talk is coming from trash people. I'd say most pros or those active in the comp scene would say APG is legit and one of the best at what he does, support.

One of my biggest concerns is that 'chat' or trash people and normal people blend together to eliminate opportunities moving up. No one is going to team with APG he's on a secured championship roster but no one is going to get vouches or promoted when the time comes. Tides in social media raises all ships be it players, tournament organizers and other communities like us so I see it as a detrimental thing when it does happen. Amateur players already have it hard weighting the decision to compete (which personally isn't an option) and then trying to win as many hearts and eyes possible.