Microsoft Leaked Documents from FTC

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

To begin, the FTC is the federal trade commission they are responsible for business laws and operations such as the acquisition of Activision by Microsoft. In this leak they are mentioned a few times.

To preface along with most other leaks, we really don't know with certainty that any of it is true. Phil Spencer suggests that it is old already and in corporations like Microsoft changes at the top level especially for planning happens quite quickly. 

It is also something to denote that to remain competitive Microsoft may change the timeline so that Sony does not anticipate and counteract its agenda. Regardless Sony has an advantage in these leaks but for us gamers its always awesome seeing some things being discussed, considered and possibly underworks right now. 

To keep it short the below are two projects that being worked on that is sure to be the topic of conversations for months to come. 

Microsoft is launching an Xbox Series X refresh with an all-new rounded design

Microsoft is launching an Xbox Series X refresh with an all-new rounded design

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

zenimaxgames-1-1695113181199.jpg

For video games, the parent company to Bethesda has had its company forecasts also leaked revealing some interesting titles to come. 

This revenue forecast by title shows Starfield is down to generate $900 million in revenue, although again, this forecast is out of date. The Elder Scrolls 6 is listed as generating a projected $1 billion in the financial year it comes out. 

Most leaks are not worth diving into, especially because it isn't substantiated but this is okay to my understanding to at very least review as the cautious consumer. Unfortunately there is nothing Halo related but I have another thread to make about that. 

I'm asked often how these leaks hurt a billion dollar corporation like Microsoft often and to that I think its really in the consumers who look to buy a console right now will find this information and just wait for a new one. Of course most in tech know if you wait for the new- next best thing, you will be waiting forever at the rate everything is being refreshed or new tech is coming out, but for this Xbox and games like Starfield that may have DLC later planned I see more people waiting for a complete experience before diving in as gaming falls to the background for so many people now post-pandemic. 

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER
  • MARINE CORPS ı E5 ı SGT
On 9/24/2023 at 2:48 AM, ADM T Fujiwara said:

Cylinder shaped Xbox? doesn't that take its original shape away from being a box? 🤣    

Actually hilarious to think about, they really sat down and thought to make an Xbox not a 'box' our world we're in a weird timeline.

Auditor

Auditor

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN
  • ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET

Big yikes on Microsoft's part. It is funny though during the court proceedings they use Microsoft Azure product to keep record. Its also interesting the FTC blames Microsoft when I am pretty sure it was actually the court itself that leaked the documents by accident.