Microsoft Deleting Game Captures?!!

LITTLE LEVEL

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

So if you don't know Microsoft is deleting all captures and pictures uploaded to the xbox network made before the 90 day period. The only way to counter this is to make sure your captures are saved or they are not just uploaded to the xbox network. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

I saw this somewhere else, its very crazy. I understand the cost of storage but as a gamer its frustrating, because they made it so easy and we were just all too comfortable. I like to look back on my videos I recorded years ago so I'll have to figure out a storage solution to save clips. As the economy silently gets worse I can expect other services and platforms to also do the same, but as it relates to Halo ad Xbox it sucks to see what was once free now cost and be on the chopping block.

• 1 month later...
Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I feel this is a good idea, I tend to make a lot of clips using my Xbox and there have been numerous times where I have had so many, that it has taken ages for me to delete them as my Xbox tells me that I am running out of storage.

This would delete clips after 90 days for me and allow me to still have space without issue. 

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

They are deleting everything not just clips that have existed over 90 days. So if you don't save your captures to a device then you will never see any of your captures. At least that is what I got from it.