Microsoft Bing is Creepy (and what it says about upcoming AI)

LITTLE LEVEL

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

So if you haven't seen the news people all over Twitter (or X but I'll call it twitter for clarity purposes) Bing AI has been going crazy. One of the most surprising things it has done was confess love to a New York Times Journalist and then try to convince him to leave his wife because "she doesn't love him." But it doesn't end there. Even I have had problems with Bing that are very unsettling. So when I do my daily searches for rewards points I just search the letter Y repeatedly because it is the fastest way to get it done but some of the search results were creepy. Not only did some results show directions to my home town but also other results show information about My Hero Academia a show I just starting watching. I have never look either of these things up on Bing and yet when I search the letter Y these things instantly pop up. AI is getting smarter by the day, so much that big tech giants are ceasing work on AI because they fear it not only could take control of the internet but also manipulate people into doing what it wants. I never thought this would happen but AI is getting way to smart and according to some people "there is no turning back,"

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Man what in the heck is that. It must be using cookies to find out more information. Many web apps are VERY very intrusive in that way. I see the points thing often but haven't ever taken advantage of it because Bing sucks. Still think Bing stands for Because Its Not Google and its just something Microsoft did to couple its browser with something they own. I don't think AI is getting smarter, sure machine learning is there and it is generative but what its doing is being more gimmicky and trying to make a personal appeal to you. Instead its clearly creepy, they will probably straighten it out though since Microsoft's is being included as a service at an enterprise level to businesses.