Halo 4 11th Birthday

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Can't believe Halo 4 is more than a decade old at this point.

I played it a few months ago for the first time again and really liked it. The campaign was great and I had so much fun with it. Plenty of moments that were just great and made me hyped (getting to pilot a Mantis for the first time and getting to go apeshit on the Covenant Remnants and Prometheans, the final mission where you get to pilot a Longsword straight into Didact's ship with 117 playing in the background which was an absolutely creative take on the Warthog run from the previous games, etc)

In spite of all the backlash, and while I'm well aware that it isn't the best game in the Halo series and has plenty of flaws, Halo 4 is just that one game that I can't bring myself to dislike, because for whatever reason it had a population in Japan and Asia and retained a bit of interest until they put those cool armors behind DLC towards the end of the game. I thought the games BR was a laser, the Railgun feels cheaply done and the Spartan Laser could have had some work but it was very unique in its own way. 

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Halo 4 wasn't perfect but I did spend a lot of time in custom games with my friends so it really changes how you view a game. I really feel Halo 4 was had some great additions like the mantis, railgun, sticky detonator, the maps haven and solace were great. The game itself was fun I just feel like people didn't like it because it didn't feel like Halo. Halo 5 was the same way. I liked Halo 5 but it just didn't feel like Halo. Honestly if they slapped a different name on their and changed up some things Halo 4 or 5 could have been its own series and it would have been probably more successful.