Halo 3 refueled is having problems

LITTLE LEVEL

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

So I haven't played the new playlist yet but the new Halo 3 inspired playlist is said to have terrible skill based matchmaking. Mint Blitz said he was playing with Onyx ranked people who are in the top 200 best players in the world and tons of others are having the same problem. How is your Halo 3 refueled matches going?

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN

I didn't play a lot of halo 3, so I am extremely unfamiliar with the maps right now, so its a lot of trial by fire. But the maps are decent, and the queues are short, so I certainly shouldn't complain!

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Was playing in the new playlist and while the maps are great they don't honor Halo 3. The playlist and message announcement was that this was going to be a new experience and many people entered it thinking that we were receiving something more true to the classic experience. Because of that there is a few vocal about the playlist and its problems. Its been revealed that the maps all had a sandbox tune to include more Halo Infinite weapons where a BR might have been a Commando was placed. I think they play better with the original sandbox the developers made, but all in all its not like the game has an expanded weapon palette like Halo 5: Guardians did. 

I place the blame on us, the fans not reading between the lines or what was actually announced before entering the playlist. I honestly think while Halo 3 is probably more popular than Halo CE, the return of the armor from CE and its birthday being the 15th we should have seen a CE playlist instead of the H3 one. 

All in all, this actually aligns with the Mountain Dew promotion going on right now which promised a more classic true to Halo 3 experience but the current weapons do not support the maps like we remembered it before. 

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I feel like that is the biggest problem with having a "Remastered playlist" because the movement, features, (no dual wielding) and weapons are so different in the 343 games and it will always feel different. I do feel they did do really great in Halo 5 remastered playlists because they actually made the Halo 1 pistol and Halo 2 BR and put them in the playlists.