Halo Fan Game: Branching Sickness

Recon Ryan

Field Agent

Field Agent

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I've heard, seen, and talked about this new fan game and it looks amazing! The plot sounds great too. It has a Halo 3 feeling with the HUD and is so much better than Halo Infinite Graphics. So far, it seems to have weapons and looks from across all Halo titles and the flood look outstanding!

I imagine that it can be Co-op and maybe even have a Firefight mode?!? (Something I thought of: re-secure objectives from flood, maybe?)
I don't know if anyone else has heard about it but I certainly cannot wait for it to drop someday.

What are y'all's thoughts on it?

Agent Nyx

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN

Is there any playable demo, or dev map at all?

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

Field Agent

Field Agent

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Not that I can find. All I can see are teasers, trailers, and questions being answered on X (Twitter). I will try to stay vigilant in this day and age.

I can say that they're working really hard because it's expected to be peak upon release.

Agent Nyx

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN

Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft tried to block it or shut it down, not a lot of game devs that are cool with fan games and the like.

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

Field Agent

Field Agent

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

The sorts of this are usually shut down upon or near release because of no originality, Microsoft doesn't like the devs, or because they get no benefits.

I hate Microsoft because of how special they are; but it doesn't mean that they're all bad (they are).

I still have high hopes for it regardless.

Agent Nyx

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Honestly fan games are a core part of the community but I see why it can be a threat to some devs. It is the devs content and if you are making money off it you are making money off another persons ideas. If they came out with an agreement that a certain percentage of fan made games money would go to the original creators then I think it could be mutually beneficial. 

• 1 month later...
Field Agent

Field Agent

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Update: Main protagonist's name is "Noah" and finally has a great teaser trailer. Check it out on Twitter!

Said to be out right about now so I'll keep searching. 

Happy Hunting

Agent Nyx

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online