COMBAT WORKSHOP: SQUAD BATTLE NETWORKING

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

New networking model was introduced and interestingly its been contained to just one playlist. 

So far I have had a great experience playing it, especially with my geographical disadvantages being in Japan. Shot registration has improved and I notice desync less especially at critical moments where it matters. The change itself is great and very welcomed quality of life update that I hope gets applied to the rest of the game.

The Combat Workshop is your one-shop stop to check out work-in-progress maps, modes, and other new experiences. In this playlist you'll be able to enjoy a mix of Slayer and objective modes on fan-favorite maps while we gather feedback and data about the online experience.

If you’ve already jumped in to play in the Workshop: Squad Battle Networking playlist, we want your feedback!

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I loved Squad battles. I honestly feel like the new BTB can either be too hectic or really slow because I can never get a vehicle but 8v8 on smaller maps is always a good balance between chaos and spartan faceoffs. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Yeah the 12v12 experience can be brutal especially since when you're in a vehicle it seems like you can get melted quite easily. 

I say this though and have seen Ghosts become real threats to a team and Warthogs too especially the Razorback when its full. To me the maps are the real problem but I think its subjective, I enjoy the original remake maps more than I do some of the newer maps. The networking update really needs to make its way into the regular game modes.