Expanding Languages to Support Community

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Where the internet is led by the predominant English language I find myself and experience time again watching other languages temper down and become obstacles for growth. Where this site is relatively new I want to introduce and add communities around Halo that might find value in some of the discussions around Halo that they would otherwise miss. These discussions include getting involved in the local language communities and building strong resilient groups around them. 

For me its important to foster and provide a platform to all Halo players and with this step forward I hope my small community here of a few posters can find and appreciate any alternative languages found in the forums. I have added all the languages supported in Halo and look forward to the conversations to be had. This will also mean a translator job may open and application may be used in the future to build more bridges between languages. 

• English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
  • Portuguese
  • Russian

In the heart of America beats a vibrant and diverse tapestry of cultures, beliefs, and identities. To be American is to be part of a rich mosaic where unity is found not in uniformity but in the celebration of differences. From coast to coast, individuals weave their stories into the grand narrative of the nation, contributing unique threads of heritage, language, and tradition. Embracing diversity is not just a choice; it is an intrinsic part of the American experience. It's a recognition that, in the fusion of backgrounds and perspectives, we find the strength to build a more inclusive and harmonious society, one that reflects the true spirit of the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN

I would be willing to assist with some Portuguese (Brazilian) pieces here and there, as time and opportunity allows me! I lived in Brazil for a couple of years, and became relatively proficient in both spoken and written Portuguese, definitely enough to assist here and there.

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER
(edited)

I could help with just english but I mean you probably have an already large list of people that can do that anyway. If you don't need an english translator though I would be open to learning select languages that don't already have translators. 

Edited by CLASSIFIED

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN
On 12/22/2023 at 3:55 PM, CLASSIFIED said:

I could help with just english but I mean you probably have an already large list of people that can do that anyway

Don't underestimate the power and skills of technical writers!

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
On 12/23/2023 at 7:55 AM, CLASSIFIED said:

I could help with just english but I mean you probably have an already large list of people that can do that anyway. If you don't need an english translator though I would be open to learning select languages that don't already have translators. 

Haha! Yes of course, I am always looking for ANYONE & EVERYONE, there is no large list of people or overabundance of skills or anything. This forums huge, we did pass 800 members but do not be fooled, help is needed and any help is greatly appreciated.