Domain Transfer Completed / SSL Added

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Hello ONI agents,

Quick website announcement (more of a record that this happened) we recently updated the domain from inv.semper-vigilans.org to our most faithful traditional semper-vigilans.org this took a lengthy downtime but nothing was missed. I am being asked the detail what happened and if I do find the time I may write it up in the UNSC Engineering Corps. forums for those interested in standing up your own website or just knowing how/what ONI's web server looks like. We've also added SSL or 'the lock' on our website, as we understood that it was a concern to potential recruits and people in general that do not want to go to untrusted websites. As the Office of Naval Intelligence it also makes more sense for all our connections to be as secure and in the highest quality possible. I'll be explaining SSL encryption and what it means again like I did last time for in another thread.

With a new domain and SSL we'll be moving forward with adapting the best recruiting process possible. We're still on the look out for app developers that can help us bridge Discord and the Website and take advantage of all the technologies we have access to. With SSL we can now officially encrypt and run a store, host galleries and a multitude of files on the site. SSL is truly a make or break for some people and in a 10-point inspection we are looking good.

That's all. Reply with how you feel or any questions, I don't mind answering twice here and in other threads I make.

This may be a future opportunity but, with this site now being SSL secure, would it be a possibility to have the store also promote club merch? That way we can rep our team/club and on the back have the ONI logo with our gamertag underneath. Not sure how or if this is possible, though just thought I’d throw this idea out.

- Shandy

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
1 hour ago, Shandykidinkent said:

This may be a future opportunity but, with this site now being SSL secure, would it be a possibility to have the store also promote club merch? That way we can rep our team/club and on the back have the ONI logo with our gamertag underneath. Not sure how or if this is possible, though just thought I’d throw this idea out.

- Shandy

Yes, something is in the works for slight subtle nods to ONI. For merchandise we have to be careful with how it is sold as "ONI" and symbols are not our property but Microsofts. I have seen works sold anyway in other communities and amongst other Halo fans, taking the risk of being pursued has been on my mine since 2016 but navigating that landscape to legally get away or stay under the radar has been High Command (biggest decision making group) and UNSC Procurement (our creative team to make stuff to put on store and track finances) discussion.

I want to say after Covid we'll probably be more solidified in our approach. I know that most tee's or any ONI swag we make needs to be original work inspired from Halo which is easy but we may test run and see how affordable it is to balance finances with having free stuff or shirts bought using credits.