DayZ

Parzivell

Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• FORUM HEROIC MEMBER

I ran into a mil-sim on DayZ (Xbox), called "1st Marine Division" which contain one active battalion and forming many other units and battalions. I was talking to the 1st Recon Battalion marine captain Ares. 1RB has a small unit on Arma. They are very organized and teach phase lines and phase markers, they teach military terms and lingo. They brief their members in discord providing a battle plan and terrain.

image.thumb.png.d56cd77cc548a150430d18ce87ce3776.png

Their goal is to continue prospering, innovating, and revolutionizing military simulation by adding pure realism into what they do. They use an app called Zello PTT Walkie Talkie to communicate in-game, this adds a very real aspect to the role-play. They have a Weebly website and they use discord to brief operations. They recently created a Coalition ISDF “International Security and Defense Force.” I found the 1RB interesting and they allowed me to stick around and report what they do. Their leadership is straightforward and their UCMJ is strict. They take pride in their MOSs. When I was listening to them they stopped their unit from advancing because of an IED on the road 15 meters away, however, the IED later turned out to be a red soda can. This distraction caused a halt for 5 minutes. They send squads out for recon and they work well cooperatively. 1stmardiv.weebly.com

Agent

Agent

• ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET

I've only ever heard of DayZ, but from this post it seems like it would be fun to play in a deployment with these guys. Does that game have many organizations like this or is the 1st Marine Division a one-off group? If I had more time I would definitely reach out to these guys and talk to them myself.