Imagination: A Psychological Playground or Bottomless Abyss

Shandykidinkent

There seems to be a fair amount of interest into the human condition as I am no expert by any means, I wish to pull the collective wisdom of all of us, so that we can all learn new things. First off, what is your interpretation of imagination, can it be a source of good, or can it be the gateway to corruption?

- Shandy

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN

I think imagination is solely controlled by how someone is raised, the sociodemographic background along with the entertainment industry and reception to learning. Someone who yearns to learn and read may have a stronger ability to imagine than one that does not. Some of us in ONI are lived relatively close together at one point, sharing the same Highschool in Japan and similar interests so I am curious what they might say to this. 

Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• FORUM HEROIC MEMBER
(edited)
2 hours ago, Serin Osman said:

I think imagination is solely controlled by how someone is raised, the sociodemographic background along with the entertainment industry and reception to learning. Someone who yearns to learn and read may have a stronger ability to imagine than one that does not. 

This is true most of the time from what I learned. But I wonder to what extent imagination is changed by motivation.

Admiral why don't you clone two AI subjects with an aging life with the same exact simulation and see if they turn out with the same leading capabilities of a simulated marine squad? Then do it again and change the motivation level to inspire others.

Edited by ODST J Sechemet

Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• FORUM HEROIC MEMBER

This may sound a bit dumb but, Imagination is Imagining. Anything you can imagine can be imagined. Acting on that thought that you imagined is where it goes into right or wrong. You may imagine terrible things because you have had a rough life or going through a bad time. But doing terrible things is different from imagining them. Being able to think in complex ways is what makes us human. Imagination itself is neither good or bad in my opinion. I think imagination and having a complex thought process opens feelings of love, strategy, and kindness and understanding what those mean. Yet it also means understanding greed, remorse, worry, and other bad thoughts and emotions.