Raid Map Fundamentals & Designs

Tsar

Agent

Agent

So I'm currently brainstorming and working on some ideas for raid maps and just wanted to see what design philosophies others had when trying to make a map.

These are some of the main things I've taking into consideration for my map that I'm currently working on.

1. Balance alongside available munitions and vehicles -- It should be a challenge for attackers but defenders should not be able to run on autopilot
  2. Playability vs Base accessibility ie. options to approach the base
  3. Preventing physics exploits because we know how reach physics can be
  4. Distance between base and spawn --  you want the distance to be noticeable but not enough to where it forcefully slows the game

Now before Reach MCC I had only played raids on Halo 5 so I was not there for the "Glory Days" of Reach Raids. These are the takes I've gotten after doing some reach raids, so I'd like to get more on what others thinks. I'll be sharing more as I progress on the map.

• 2 weeks later...
Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
On 3/23/2021 at 10:01 PM, Tsar said:

So I'm currently brainstorming and working on some ideas for raid maps and just wanted to see what design philosophies others had when trying to make a map.

These are some of the main things I've taking into consideration for my map that I'm currently working on.

1. Balance alongside available munitions and vehicles -- It should be a challenge for attackers but defenders should not be able to run on autopilot
  2. Playability vs Base accessibility ie. options to approach the base
  3. Preventing physics exploits because we know how reach physics can be
  4. Distance between base and spawn --  you want the distance to be noticeable but not enough to where it forcefully slows the game

Now before Reach MCC I had only played raids on Halo 5 so I was not there for the "Glory Days" of Reach Raids. These are the takes I've gotten after doing some reach raids, so I'd like to get more on what others thinks. I'll be sharing more as I progress on the map.

I can show you some of the heavily used bases back then. But all those points pretty much.