Halo Topography, Mapgenie.io

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Hello all, from the development perspective we've been shopping for ideas around the Halo community and greater in what ways we can find and use Halo data and the unofficial API's to pull moree data sets and create more awesome things. In this I came across map genie and what they have is phenomenal, so much so that I definitely want to create an iteration of it and build on what we have here to interconnect with maps on Halo Infinite.

I used the Zeta Halo map to 100% complete the campaign as things just became too difficult or time consuming to find. In its utility for this simple use case its super friendly and applicable. Let's say now we build it into our site and find heatmaps and more aggregate data schemes for more than one player, or create tests around callouts and even more complex design starting strategies based on the coordinates we pull from Halo telemetry altogether. The potential is endless here and where they haven't done so already I really may consider adding to the site in the future. For now, a link to their map will suffice. Please enjoy and support what the geniuses out there have coded up! 

https://mapgenie.io/halo-infinite ] 

P.S. They do interactive maps for a ton of games too. 

• 2 weeks later...
Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER

Actually I believe campaign telemetry isn't all from the Halo API, as funny as it is, others have expanded on that version to create an unofficial Halo API that pulls more data in combination with other data points from Xbox's also unofficial API to pull together all the data needed for tracking. Overall, with Kirill I am pretty confident it could be done we just need a good way of explaining that in detail and probably ways to tailor it to us so its not an exact copy. The easiest part in this is adding it to a personal profile here and letting it count towards your website rank or specific MOS. All of that is concept though, I'll put it to paper soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
On 5/19/2022 at 12:42 AM, ADM S Osman said:

Do you have any other features to add that is already out there like this one? 

No I don't think so, bringing this into our network is already a feat in itself. I'm thinking of partnering with other tournament organizers maybe for something else like that.