Last Man Standing Thoughts & Opinions

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

First thing I did was launch this playlist, its pretty straight forward gun game variant that can be found in a custom mythic MCC game type or modded. It isn't world breaking and the elements that teased it to be aken to a battle royale was very much a marketing ingenius idea. I was so fucking confused when 7 games in a row people were quitting out early before the game was complete until I realized there is no penalty for quitting out. This is kind of an positive? I mean people quit out all the time so encouraging it is really something else. 

Apex Legends, Fortnite, Call of Duty Warzone don't really tell you to quit out like Halo does. The verbiage is something to work on, because Halo is so toxic that something commanding like this, no matter how small of detail many might think is only going to reinforce an already plaguing problem on all Halos really. The pistol is really funny to use, the guns between the BR and pistol suck, the community has raged about the mangler and they put this weapon as the 2nd gun to recieve on the list. 

Aside from this, the gun game isn't so much fun for me now that I'm an adult, not to suck the life out of the room but silly custom games just don't give me the same serotonin they used too. 

Resident Agent in Charge

Resident Agent in Charge

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I like the game mode the main map for it i think i still need to play a few rounds of it but honestly dont really enjoy it but I think my main hatred is the second weapon the mangler as i cannot ever hit shit with it but yet people be 360 double back flip head shotting me cross map. I feel like they put it there to troll everyone lol. 

7 hours ago, Accessing said:

Aside from this, the gun game isn't so much fun for me now that I'm an adult, not to suck the life out of the room but silly custom games just don't give me the same serotonin they used too. 

Need to have it to produce it lol. But honestly i think this is an overall poor representation of "gun game" especially when someone could mod a better version on mcc I love customs as it allows me to have a break from the sweatiness of ranked but this game mode just overall annoyed me lol

I do however and more unrelated to this love the version of king of the hill theyve done very fun, chaotic and fast paced. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER

Actually haven't tried KOTH yet, about to right now. 

4 hours ago, Harry Cramb said:

I feel like they put it there to troll everyone lol.

No most definitely thinking they were trolling with the Mangler. It looks like a running joke in the studios, they also changed the weapon characteristics too. Its now a 2-shot beatdown instead of 1-shot beatdown. Don't know if it was all that necessary, the feedback from the community was to remove it from competitive maps. You know, easily with forge or something to remove the weapon spawns. 

Resident Agent in Charge

Resident Agent in Charge

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

lol i tend to find 343 struggles to remove or adjust on things they have invented for the franchise but i like what theyve done with KOTH overall i think it is very fluid and fun where as the last man standing is a bit clunky...i dunno in my career when we are trying to involve people as much as possible in an activity we do our best to make sure games we play dont make people sit out  and i feel like the lives thing encourages rage quits and that feeling of being left out i guess i dunno havnt enjoyed it too much may go back to it but im still not to sure. 

Agent

Agent

• [G] CONTRACTOR
  • ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET

I've played a couple of games and it was fun at first but as I progressed further and started to encounter the toxic shitshow of t-bagers camping in corners with shotguns I stopped playing.

Ad Lux Vera

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
1 hour ago, Ad Lux Vera said:

I've played a couple of games and it was fun at first but as I progressed further and started to encounter the toxic shitshow of t-bagers camping in corners with shotguns I stopped playing.

The camping is definitely crazy. The ordnance drops vary in location but you can kind of guess the general area and so I've seen people rotate between two spawns going back and forth stacking overshield until they are final. Usually they'll just have more lives than anyone so it really sucks, late game the ring just doesn't close in fast enough to encourage combat.