Hogwarts Legacy

ADM S Osman

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN

I want to apologize to everyone for the lack of presence, I am overworked in the creative industry and while some of you may have caught me playing Halo Wars 2 recently the reality is that I do not have more time to enjoy Halo as much as I did before. With 343 Industries recent announcements and even our sources inside of the studios and with Microsoft confirm that the recently revealed roadmap is the expected timeline for everything up until June 2023 I cannot help but think what community there is to build as others tear each other down. 

I am exhausted from arguing with others on where Halo should be, what Halo could be and why Halo is the right game to build a community. To not stray far from the topic title, with this games release I have made up my mind to leave this community and start a new one, a theme or faction in the Harry Potter universe. Hogwarts Legacy is the dream game I have always looked forward too out of any game studio and I am genuinely excited to try it out even in its overly ambitious features and high risk to under deliver on many of its promises.

TLDR; I am a bigger fan Harry Potter and it has made me realize that I am not openly making time to play Halo, as part of staff its my responsibility to open my position to someone else as I realize my goals in gaming. 

Prior to its release, you can already interact with their site. 

Connect your account for in-game rewards! 
https://www.wizardingworld.com/legacyconnect ]

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Let's talk about stepping away from Halo in a different topic, in relation to Hogwarts I was excited too for myself and cool link you found to link your account ahead of release but I am genuinely not looking forward to it and probably will not play the game on release. You are definitely a bigger fan than me, my girlfriend put me on Harry Potter really and is more excited about it than anything but the idea of also getting two copies of the game and two platforms which will most likely be PS5 I don't want to think about. Besides I am excited for Halo Infinite, I mean an SPI armor core? No way you're not going to be playing with something like that out. In addition to the DMR and Forge? there is no way Halo's dance can equate to Hogwarts wand shaking. The trailers it looks like people are just spamming buttons anyway. 

• 6 months later...
Attendant

Attendant

A friend of mine was excited for this one and naturally that made me interested in giving it a look. I wasn't a Harry Potter fan when I got the game and didn't know anything about the franchise other than it's about some nerdy looking wizard kid. I was worried I wasn't going to enjoy the game as a non HP fan. However, I ended up really enjoying it, like a lot. So much that I ended up binge watching all the movies and I finished the story rather quickly even though I spent a lot of my time exploring and doing side quests, I just couldn't put the game down.

Hogwarts Castle was amazing to explore btw and a really interesting location.

I'm taking a break from the game for now but I will return to it in the future, I haven't unlocked all the locked rooms in the castle just yet and I have a lot of collectibles to get to. But I didn't want to burn myself out on it, so in the mean time I'm playing another game.

Oh I just want to add, the combat in this game was also very fun. The spell combos and being able to use objects in the environment to take down enemies is really satisfying.

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
On 3/16/2023 at 6:56 AM, Tacymist said:

Oh I just want to add, the combat in this game was also very fun. The spell combos and being able to use objects in the environment to take down enemies is really satisfying.

Would you say its like a fighting game? Becuase I do see a lot of people say that its kinda like fighting games with parry and so on. 

Attendant

Attendant

I reckon so. You can block attacks, dodge roll, and stun enemies and deal extra damage when they're stunned. I don't know how it stacks up against other games with similar mechanics, as I typically don't play these types of games, but it came as a surprise bonus for me. I got the game for the open world, Hogwarts Castle, and because you can pet all the cats that populate the world. And yes that last bit's important to me.