Cost of starting a Forum

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

I thought this was an interesting article to share here, originally shared over Halo Waypoint in a conversation around Halowaypoints soon to be end. 

https://adjourn.audent.io/how-much-does-it-cost-to-start-a-forum-or-online-community/ ] 

• 4 months later...
Auditor

Auditor

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Howdy I've thought about creating a forum just for fun and just to see rather or not people would join. Even tho at first, I thought it would be easy to start one but after looking at the much stuff that was going to be added and everything. I've chosen to not start one and just join ones that were already created and etc. But maybe in the future, I would think about creating one but until then I'll just enjoy the ones that I'm currently in.  

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
On 7/19/2023 at 12:26 AM, Anna Richards said:

How much are you spending here to keep this forum up?

I still need to publish all of the finances, but the site is run at $45/m with 6 month pay cycles of additional charges for some of the add-ons we have. We're on a plan no longer offered and grandfathered in with Invision, which I am happy about because we're not paying so much but its most likely going to change soon. 

On 7/21/2023 at 4:50 PM, Donut said:

Howdy I've thought about creating a forum just for fun and just to see rather or not people would join. Even tho at first, I thought it would be easy to start one but after looking at the much stuff that was going to be added and everything. I've chosen to not start one and just join ones that were already created and etc. But maybe in the future, I would think about creating one but until then I'll just enjoy the ones that I'm currently in.  

I appreciate that, if there is an opportunity to help I will. The forum space overall is in decline its always nice seeing new forums, new names and thats greatly underappreciated. For Halo this forums really solid but some of my other hobbies including cars and pets have forums that are typically full of ads, spam and click jacking. Its definitely hard to not do that but hopefully I can get more support to keep this far from all of that.   

• 1 month later...
Auditor

Auditor

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Good insight into the costs, can you break it down? How can I donate without subscribing, Its just easier for me to do one time ya know instead of every month. Also can you share more details to the subscriptions perks? 

Thanks, what you're doing here is amazing. Its god's work and I see it coming alive by the day, slowly but surely. Have only been here for a little while and now all these unfamiliar names, units and visitors I see online are active watching. Its great that a platform like this can exist around Halo I hope you get to completing whatever it is your trying to do before inviting everyone to join.