Does Halo need a Battle Royale?

LITTLE LEVEL

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

This question has been a topic many have discussed for a while now but with the BR supposedly get closer and closer to being revealed I think it is time to bring it up one final time, Does Halo need a BR? As a long time Halo fan I always really shunned the idea when it first was suggested because it just didn't seem like Halo but now that I think of it, they could make a BR and actually make it like Halo and please the community if they did it right. Though now the big question still is, Does it need a BR? And Frankly, I think the answer is yes. Though it may not completely settle well with the community at first this could be Halo's chance to prove they can provide new and fun content. Not only would this probably bring back old fans but also it would bring newer players in too. 

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN

It does need a Battle Royale or Tactical Raid based game mode. Something that is booth easy to get into and rewarding which up until now has been missing. Now we have a progressive ranking system awarded by player score (which is the best way to implement that) and with more armors coming soon it could entice old and new players to join and play towards something. 

When the idea first came around I was intrigued, as rumors around Tatanka a project codename for what we all think is a Battle Royale game mode was put to rest I was all but certain we would not see one. As a Halo fan I wanted to see it grow and be a better game, to me a Battle Royale is a welcomed threat and anyone who disagrees typically does so selfishly, to keep Halo in the confines of their vision for a great game which is reminiscent to Halo 3, Halo 2 or Halo Combat Evolved. 

Tatanka itself and its rumors were based on the contracted work of Creative Assembly; The head and some of its staff used to work on Halo in Bungie. Because this studios uses Unreal engine for other games it was presumed that the game mode was going to be made into its own separate game and with the Unreal engine. Sadly we don't really know if the project was cancelled or if the next Halo will be on Unreal instead of the highly touted Slipspace game engine. However as a separate game it's convenient to manipulate the entire narrative to add ODSTs or be playing as a Marine to not detract from multiplayer and truly be apart from it. I think this would be the perfect form four a Battle Royale game in Halo's universe and with the most recent update splitting the Campaign from Multiplayer as two separate games time will tell where 343 Industries will go with that. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

I've personally never really got into the whole BR game genre but I can enjoy Apex and Fortnite (especially the no build mode) and when this conversation first started around the beginning of Halo Infinite's development I really thought we would see one by now. Instead we got Last Man Standing game mode which in itself is pretty fun for the first few weeks before inevitably becoming a nulling experience because of desync or the overarching power weapons and timing of power ups. 

I do think Halo needs a BR and if it does come in a different form than Halo Infinite's Spartan or game engine I welcome it altogether. 

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I personally loved last man standing until they updated the weapon level up system and it was impossible to get a kill with the last weapon. I think if they build of the good parts of last man standiing they could make a good Halo BR.