Xbox Live Gold going away

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

In addition to Major Nelson's leave we see Microsoft announcement that Xbox Live Gold membership is now no longer going to be offered and instead combined with Xbox Gamepass. Its truly an end of an era and there is just no going back to normal. Gamers now have access to a great selection of games right off the bat and its an entire different industry from 10, 20 years ago. 

I will always remember the first day I got Halo 3, I got the Halo 3 limited edition console for Christmas and was so excited to play it, opening it only to find out that Halo 3 wasn't even included with the console. 

Now new gamers can sign up to Xbox live and be greeted to 25 different games and an additional library of games should they pay more for the higher tier game pass. What I see is shift that of the beginning of Netflix or Spotify, where no one is going to own the software they purchase but instead pay a monthly fee for. Xbox is looking to take the gaming space and with the lack of competition I see it becoming a thing.