Call of Duty Modern Warfare III

Smokey

Junior Attendant

Junior Attendant

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Are you interested in CoD MWIII this year? I wasn't at first, but I tried the beta and ended up pre-ordering. The old school favorite maps from Modern Warfare 2 (2009) was an awesome throwback with a nice new coat of paint on them. I had fun in the beta and I'm hoping the game carries that fun throughout the game's life cycle this year.    The gunplay and movement felt the closest it's felt to old school Call of Duty than it has in the past 5 or so years.  So far, it looks like Sledgehammer Games is fixing all the stuff Infinity Ward broke about their game, putting a new campaign with it and releasing a new game.  I'm okay with that as it felt really fun to play.  I haven't played a CoD beta that much since Black Ops 3 in 2015 (Which sitll stands as my favorite CoD of all time) 

Have you played Modern Warfare III? Are you going to be picking it up?

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER
(edited)

Honestly I just can't play COD because the game is always so inconstant. I only occasionally get on and play COD and every time I play all of my favorite guns just don't work they way they did the update before. Then you have server issues which constantly plague me.  The only reason I bought COD MW 1 and 2 is because my friends had it and I wanted to try out the campaign but now my friends don't play it and the campaign is all over the place. 

Edited by CLASSIFIED

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

I didn't play the Beta, was going ot actually make a post about the beta. Didn't find the time to sit down for it let alone know it was happening. For me though Call of Duty is a staple franchise, I bought nearly all the games and especially like the modern warfare series. I haven't preordered because my current PC just can't run it at even the lowest preset settings for long so I will probably pick it up after a title update or so depending on the content out for it. I preordered MW2 because it came with the Oni operator which was a Japanese samurai inspired armored character, he was too cool to pass up. 

• 4 weeks later...
Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Caved in and bought the game, its campaign so far is very unsurprising. I am ashamed of the purchase but I feel this will likely be the last game I buy from Call of Duty. Its just too much trying to keep up with all of the games updates and how large and complicated these games are getting. This game like others released recently is poorly optimized for my current computer build too.