Halo Infinite Knife? Or other ideas...

Recon Ryan

Field Agent

Field Agent

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I know this has been a big debate for the longest time and I'd like to know more thoughts upon this subject.

I personally think we should have access to a knife whenever we don't have a weapon to use as a cosmetic item mainly or knife duels!

We have access to a knife in Reach, 4, and 5 so why can't we actually equip it? Also, should Infinite have assassinations?

Heard that tag taking it going to come back in certain parts of the community and wondering how it would be done without an "ASSASSINATION" medal; would it be a "NINJA" with a "PERFECT"?

Your favorite Sunray

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN

I've long suggested that they need to put a Spartan Shiv in the game, it would really give melee attacks the bump they need.

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I think knifes would make an interesting addition to the game. What would make the knifes super cool is if depending on the body part that is stabbed results in that body part losing function or being injured. Also I feel assassinations in infinite would be a welcome addition to the game and it would be a good way to spice up the battle pass.

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Yeah we see it too often honestly in cutscenes and animations that it just makes sense to have a knife pick up. I can imagine though it would probably be stronger than a Plasma Pistol but weaker than a sword. The actual gameplay would have to vary in multiplayer. 

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN

Honestly a knife would work so well in firefight, especially as a "last resort" option when you've run out of ammo, and melee just isn't going to be quite enough. Would be a fun mode specific mechanic.

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."