Life Reevaluation

LITTLE LEVEL

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER
(edited)

I know this may be sudden and may come as a surprise but after a long look at my life I realized gaming, can't be a part of my life. I looked at the hours I put into it, and how much I let gaming affect my happiness and it just isn't sustainable. Which as a Christian is a little disappointing the fact I put gaming so high in life and I can't do it anymore. I have also had a rising fear that gaming may hurt relationships I have and I can't have gaming getting in the way. Now will I ever come back? Maybe. You know I may come back a few years later and play a little but right now this is the best thing for me in life. I can't play video games anymore so I am giving my account to a friend of mine and I just gave away my elite controller to a friend too.

Now a few answers to a lot of questions that are probably arising. 1. How will I even be able to stay active in a gaming forum if I don't even play? Well I am still committed to this community and I am willing to talk about Halo anytime on this site. 2. Will I even be that active? Yes I will still be fairly active about as much I have been, but I just won't be playing games anymore. 

@Accessing I will still help you with the site as much as you need and don't think just because I don't play anymore I can't help. I am still just as willing to be there if you need me. @Recon Ryan I know we just friended each other and it sucks that we really didn't get to play but hopefully we can still have great conversations on here. 

Well that is really all, I'll still be here but I just wanted everyone to know some important life changes I have made.

Edited by LITTLE LEVEL
Spelled word wrong.

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

All good things come in moderation.

“Every praiseworthy characteristic has two blameworthy poles. Generosity is the middle between miserliness and extravagance. Courage is the middle between cowardice and recklessness. Humanity has been commanded to avoid every such blameworthy trait.” -Ibn Manzur

If you’re agitated, stressed, upset, exhausted, and nervous. There’s one underrated value in the modern society that you probably missing: moderation or balance. We boast how few hours of sleep we maintain, how insatiable we are in our careers, and how comfy our lives are thanks to an excess of luxury goods. It’s hard for us to divide equally, to allocate things correctly, and to be moderate in many. The famous example is work. I’m not telling you should aim for work-life balance. If working long hours is okay for you and those people you loved, then it’s a balance. Make sure you maintain an open and honest communication with your loved ones. If your work made you tired, easily upset, anxious, these are the cue for imbalance.

Balance means untroubled spirit; it means controlling oneself; it means justice; it means setting everything in its rightful place; it means unbiased.

Everything has two ends and a middle. If you hold one of the ends, the other will be skewed. If you hold the middle, the two ends will be balanced. You must seek the middle ground in all things.

In gaming it is always a past-time, a form of entertainment and like many other forms should be restricted to where you can afford in time to allow and align with your personal goals. I myself don't actually play too much games already, many in staff have moved on from gaming altogether to focus on life goals and achievements. We are the only creatures who can think about the future. That’s why humans created all of these wonderful things. But, we live in the now. If we think only about the future, then we might spend the rest of our lives only dreaming. We have to balance it with actions that are only happening in the now. So do what must be done! We'll be here and as for Halo, well its still recieving updates. 

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER
On 2/5/2024 at 8:46 PM, Accessing said:

That’s why humans created all of these wonderful things. But, we live in the now. If we think only about the future, then we might spend the rest of our lives only dreaming. We have to balance it with actions that are only happening in the now. So do what must be done! We'll be here and as for Halo, well its still recieving updates. 

And I'll still be here striking conversations with you guys! I may have quit gaming but that doesn't mean I can't talk about my once favorite pastime. Hopefully we will continue having great conversations in the years to come!

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN

I most certainly have massive respect for the thought and dedication you are putting into this course of action, that sort of definitive path taking is sorely lacking in so many these days IMHO.

Even though I no longer affiliate with any particular religion or faith, I still find great wisdom in so many of the teachings and scriptures, and I hope you won't find it too forward of me to share a passage of scripture that came to mind when I read this.

Ecclesiastes 3:
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

I followed a similar course of action when I found myself with a wife and kids, and was in school to better myself for my family, and I did find great value in that time away from some of my familiar past-times. Then I learned an incredibly important lesson; "Self-care is the best sort of care", be it mental, physical, spiritual, or otherwise. Its never "wrong" or selfish to do so. Anyway, I'll end my ramblings there! I Hope you find much fulfillment and knowledge on this path you tread!!

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

Agent

Agent

• ONI INTERN

"There are no coincidences, only signs of alignment" - The Karma Yogi

Good luck in march my dude! Let us know how it goes!

R10 Senior Director of the Hard Style Assassins Gaming Community.
HSA 2022 Hall of Fame
Gaming Hub Council Member
He/Him
"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?"
"Our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

Field Agent

Field Agent

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

It's all good man, if you can't do it anymore then I don't blame you. I myself, a disciple of Christ, have difficulties. I do say that gaming isn't really the nicest but I still include the Lord in everything I do. I've never really been good at relationships and I've tried for 8 years to be better but still suck at having irl friends or maintaining a steady relationship with my own family and blood.

I hope you have a much better time in whatever it may that you're doing.

Agent Nyx