Shogun TV Series

ADM S Osman

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN

A few friends have recommended this show on Hulu / FX (Disney Plus) for some. I started watching it and it is one of the best shows I have seen around the Japanese and the Japanese culture of the warring period. Its a historical fiction. The character of Blackthorne is loosely based on the historical English navigator William Adams, who in Japan rose to become a samurai under a powerful daimyō. That daimyō was later the founder and first shōgun of the Tokugawa shogunate of Japan, Tokugawa Ieyasu, who ruled from 1603 to his death in 1616.

Shōgun is an American historical drama television miniseries created by Rachel Kondo and Justin Marks. It is based on the 1975 novel of the same name by James Clavell, which was previously adapted into a 1980 miniseries.

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER
On 4/4/2024 at 5:51 AM, ADM S Osman said:

A few friends have recommended this show on Hulu / FX (Disney Plus) for some. I started watching it and it is one of the best shows I have seen around the Japanese and the Japanese culture of the warring period. Its a historical fiction. The character of Blackthorne is loosely based on the historical English navigator William Adams, who in Japan rose to become a samurai under a powerful daimyō. That daimyō was later the founder and first shōgun of the Tokugawa shogunate of Japan, Tokugawa Ieyasu, who ruled from 1603 to his death in 1616.

Shōgun is an American historical drama television miniseries created by Rachel Kondo and Justin Marks. It is based on the 1975 novel of the same name by James Clavell, which was previously adapted into a 1980 miniseries.

I'll put that on my watchlist then.