Discord Updates TOS, Massive Breach of Trust

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

TOS of course referring to terms of service, I would probably encourage everyone to read this article regarding Discords reaction to the recent data harvesting of public servers and their updated ToS adding forced arbitration. A little down the article it mentions when and how to email your lack of consent to the changes and opt out. But old users only have about until the 15th of next month. 

It seems that Discord has been in the news for one reason or another lately, ranging from layoffs to massive privacy breaches and information theft by third parties. And now there’s something new on the horizon — one that may not seem like such a huge deal now but could cause massive issues later on down the line for Discord users.

Discord has recently updated its forced arbitration clause in its Terms of Service for its service for US residents, a decision that follows many other corporations that operate primarily in the US. According to the clause, any users who reside in the US waive their right to a jury trial, which includes any class action suits:

https://www.techradar.com/computing/social-media/discords-updated-terms-of-service-are-exactly-the-wrong-response-to-its-recent-data-breaches ] 

Field Agent

Field Agent

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

So I wont be able to sue them? How rude XD.

If I were to opt out, would I no longer have access to Discord or some of its properties?

If I can't take it up to court than yeah I'll opt out but c'mon Discord.

Agent Nyx