Accountability at Xbox

VADM A Reaves

Senior Field Agent

Senior Field Agent

Kind of tacking on to my previous post I just want to say how tone deaf or out of touch the executives truly are for this response in the Bloomberg Tech's interview with the President Sarah Bond. Now its completely okay to not play video games but work in the field, that is the video game industry. I think that it is totally fine, really, especially at her level in leadership. But in the recent few years it really seems like Sarah Bond, Phil Spencer and the board overall seemingly does not take responsibility for their failures.

Its ridiculous she can tout on a interview successes that are really nothing to applaud over. They did nothing for the business, they did a disservice to the future of gaming studios and gamers alike. There is no reason for cloud gaming but they buy Activision and Bethesda to balance financial sheets in the year and hide the failure that is Xbox right now.

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Yeah I don't know if they didn't brief her or something. She gave political answers at a technical showcase interview. 

I wish there was a little more weight to what we do to make a difference but as the head of Xbox its a little bit disappointing that she A.) does not really show any knowledge about her products B.) does not answer any questions really as to what metrics are used for studios and to top it off she adds Xbox to release a mobile shop to stay connected to their ecosystem. PC Gamepass and PC games don't even have unlockable achievements. Outside of Xbox Live partychat which sucks compared to Discord, there is nothing of note to add to mobile games.