Chunibyo 

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Chunibyo (中二病 Chūnibyō) is a Japanese colloquial term that translates to "middle-school second-year syndrome" or "eighth-grader syndrome", typically used to describe early teens who have delusions of grandeur, who so desperately want to stand out that they have convinced themselves they have hidden knowledge or secret powers. The term has been popularized in manga and anime shows such as Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions.

Agent

Agent

• ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET

Funny, there seems to be a word for everything in Japanese.
I knew two people like this in middle school the first one believed he was the son of Christ and had magical powers, he tried to convince me his snot was medicinal, for example.

The second one seemed to be under the impression that he was some sort of holy warrior against unseen forces of evil. He might have been inspired by the Percy Jackson novel series as he was a major fan and most of his stories weren't far off from the themes present in the later titles.

• 2 weeks later...
Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕
On 11/17/2019 at 3:54 AM, Serin Osman said:

Do you think this is relative to the Halo clan community?

Yes, of course. iTz Marshock is the prime example, UN Director and others too. People who seemingly glorify a triple kill they got in a Grifball to come into a Xbox party chat and declare themselves to be god. 

• 4 months later...

This is fascinating stuff! I have seen many instances of Napoleon Syndrome as well as the aforementioned eight grader syndrome as Shawn has mentioned. One of my clients actually developed this while playing Fortnite. I could go on how that game induces and at times unleashed psychological disorders to become surfaced or even develop, however that would require some free-time researching. Alas, it appears that our over-reliance on technology has caused mental health to be taken less seriously, arguing that is is more of a you problem. Though back to the main point.

Do you believe (this is to the community) that “eight-grader syndrome” is more prevalent in urban or rural communities, and, is it only exclusive to video games, why/why not?

- Shandy