When will OCS be available?

B1ue Team Sucks

Question

Senior Staff Operations Officer

Senior Staff Operations Officer

• [R] HONORABLY DISCHARGED

I have only seen OCS ran one time in my entire time here and apparently it was ran incorrectly or whatever the case may be  and was never ran again. I hate having to go through Harry to get questions answered for me and I'm tired of only being middle enlisted. If becoming officer means i can engage with more debatable/impactful topics with higher ups besides just asking Harry.   I have been engaging with the site a lot more so i can rank up and gain the ability to comment on topics I have been previously unable to see or interact with. I am aware that OCS is not a priority at this current time and rather does not exist.  Having this illusion of you can rank up all the way to officer through enlisted but then find out OCS is required but it not made yet really discourages for even trying.   I am the only one that bought an access code at the time it was available and just to find out it was a code to a forum that didn't even exist is frustrating.  The clan is dying and we need a fresh group of officer to add to the discussions about the future of the clan.

3 answers to this question

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

I said before if you have a strong disposition, you can pretty much DM any officer with your proposition. The most important thing is elevator pitching your problem and bringing a solution to it. Otherwise simply writing to your officers may become annoying as they don't have the answers you want. We know this is a pressing problem where people are just tossing dirty laundry to officers but they can only do so much in capacity (especially for those that are further away from typical operations.) 

An example of that is pinging @Anna Richards whose current operations are covert, clandestine or espionage based. She won't be able to help with regular community events even though she's had experience before. 

With how things changed that gap only grows between your direct command and other officers so be smart about that. You have more power than you think you do, you just need to believe it. If you have a picture in mind you are the one that needs to paint the complete art of it to showcase it. 

Now to your question

OCS history.
OCS used to be a team based operational training a combination of SERES, ODST, SIII and added RTS elements. We were looking to simplify this and so @Gabriella Dvørakwas in charge of creating the OCS but failed to meet the deadlines set. She's been long demoted, severely but since the iteration of OCS you know we've probably had it two more times on the basis of the leadership test we used to give on the old website. Around 18 questions about . Because of the strain on assets, timing of everything most that can host are too busy or scheduling is too far apart (i.e. you would do initiation one day and than wait two weeks for another part of OCS.) Leadership theory is also taught as well as game theory so that's fun. I'm not sure if you are familiar but TRADOC was created so we can all rotate in and out of staff to be available to host these events. 

Since TRADOC's creation the focus has been UCMB over OCS, but as many are again busy in their personal lives we decided altogether to exempt the requirements until we can fully host those again. This is something straight from a post by @ADM S Osman herself, most of us signed on it and agreed to it a long time ago. 

20 hours ago, B1ue Team Sucks said:

I am aware that OCS is not a priority at this current time and rather does not exist.  Having this illusion of you can rank up all the way to officer through enlisted but then find out OCS is required but it not made yet really discourages for even trying.   I am the only one that bought an access code at the time it was available and just to find out it was a code to a forum that didn't even exist is frustrating.  The clan is dying and we need a fresh group of officer to add to the discussions about the future of the clan.

1. The clan dying is dramatic conclusion to what you read and see. Stop acting like this, you only become apart of the problem here pushing a wedge between you and ranked officers. Since no one wants to associate themselves with pessimism. You guys create these glass ceilings for yourselves if you stop reading what's been updated. 

2. As I mentioned OCS, Infantry School, Naval Academy and most of the auxiliary training we exempted from requirements. The only ones still going on is the SIV SQT & SERE's that I know off the top of my head. The exemption was made nearly a year ago. You can check the ranking system threads and see that most of it is  crossed through like this  that means it is not an active requirement. SO It is actually possible to become an officer without doing OCS. if you progressed through the ranks. 

3. You bought an access code to something else. If it isn't obvious we have lots of growing pains and people who poke at new stuff won't get anything out of it since its not fully completed. PERSCOM, Applications and Access codes are one of the common areas that are not complete. Boo hoo, once it's available you have an access code. IT's nothing to cry about. 

Resident Agent in Charge

Resident Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN
  • ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET

I mean i have brought this up to some of the officers and me and shawn have talked about it in the past where we both agreed there wasn't a need for OCS as nobody has actually requested to apply to become an officer. But as for recent discussion i believe shawn is planning to resolve this issue now that we are starting to have some enlisted rise through the ranks like nemesis and yourself. 

I know at times it becomes tedious asking me questions and i may not have the answer at the time but i do actively seek out the answers for you and others that ask me questions i do not know. Personally id prefer for you to wait until i get back to you but if you feel it is more urgent and you wish to go above my head then do so. 

The reason i say i'd prefer you not to go over me is that I have had this discussion already with a number of the senior officers and shawn will be making an effort to make an OCS in due time. Like everything there is a priority list, when it will be made is how urgent we need it. 

@Shawn4Japanmight be able to shed more light on the situation overall. But like i said the conversation has been had and agreed there will be one made in time.