How many hours is enough?

ADM S Osman

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN

I had a conversation with new colleagues and friends about how many hours people play video games. The definition and archetypes of a gamer in relation to hours and how do those hours translate into anything else. I want to start this topic with this context of discovering and discussing new ideas with the overarching question being how many hours makes for a casual player, an experienced player and someone who has mastered the game?

Special Agent

Special Agent

• ACCESS [1] CONFIDENTIAL
  • FORUM BASIC MEMBER

Me personally as a casual gamer, try not to play more than 2-3 hours. Of course those are those rare occasions I stay up late playing with friends on the weekend but other than that I remain pretty consistent. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Recently I play way more but I don't really understand the first part of your question. For the last part I would say about 200 hours is average, 500 hours makes someone experienced and over 1,000 hours played is probably mastery of the game. But its hard to just say and leave it at that. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

I don't know if you were talking about one play session but definitely in one sit down I probably game for around 2-4 hours, 1 hours if its dire and I have other things I need to do. But I am pretty consistent lately, have been online playing Tom Clancy's The Division from around 9pm to 12am Japan standard time so about 5am Pacific standard time for you.

Field Agent

Field Agent

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER

I'm a hardcore gamer with a competitive mindset. However, I always prefer to have friends than being in a comp team. I enjoy the thrill of playing against higher tier people and so on.

I say the healthy amount of gaming is dependent on how active you are in life. I am a Student-Athlete that runs competitively across states and I have gaming sessions last for 12 hours at it's highest ever. I never encourage people to play as long as I do nor do I want others to try the lifestyle I have.

My hours go from 4-8 in gaming whenever I have free time. Other than that I'm always doing something activity wise. Either running miles or lifting my body weight.

That's just my opinions, though.

Agent Nyx