PERSCOM Soldier Management System — Email Address Incident

Accessing

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
  • ACCESS [4] TOP SECRET〔CW〕

Hello ONI, through trying times we look for solutions in our logistical challenges of maintain service records for +300 members with another +2000 member records to migrate here. In this search for something to make our administrative duties less of a chore, or a job because this is just a role playing community and suppose to be something closer to leisure or entertainment we found PERSCOM Soldier Management System, this system set us back maybe $270~ /exact details in UNSC Procurement forums. 

This system is a tool we can leverage to help individuals track their own records and see what they may need to get accomplished. It's very behind in where we want it today but its something that we indefinitely want to see work having already spent that money for a license and again a lesser $ value in its subscription. 

Recently its come to my attention that email addresses were visible through the PERSCOM Soldier Management System and individuals, to no harm or criminal intent used email addresses to find and gather information targeting myself, @ADM S Osman, @Cryztal Lynk, @Sweettly and @CAPT L FLATLINE  5/6 members were targeted internally all being females. This is an absolute cause for immediate investigation, but more so  an apology from mine and staffs behalf for overlooking the email addresses being visible to everyone. 

Because of this incident we've come to set up a development server to test applications in privately before we bring it to public eyes. We intend on punishing those that wished to target the female members of this clan and go on to let this happen problematically. Moving forward don't expect for email addresses to be visible to anyone but staff and if members find email addresses to be visible again, I will issue a promotion, credits or equal dollar value to our subscription to this soldier management system. 

This is the proposed action, 

This is the notice for members and who is in this system to date. 

Resident Agent in Charge

Resident Agent in Charge

• FORUM BASIC MEMBER
(edited)

All 3 of those enlisted members are no longer with us. I'll be filing Crystals discharge since she doesn't wish to file a resignation from what I am aware. Sweetly did really nothing with us and was caught duel clanning. Lucy simply didn't agree with her orders and resigned (she was also previously caught dual clanning). 

The only incident I am aware of, was the incident with Lucy and I reported it to shawn right away. I told him about the emails being shown on the website and how people are using them to dive into peoples identities. Again at this time and from what I am aware of now Lucy was and has been the only victim. Which i am sure also contributed to her leaving. But she did mainly leave due to not wishing to take orders. 

Edited by Harry Cramb

The reason i left sir was mostly due to this the orders just set me off sir at the end of the day felt like i was boxed in and alone due to the actions of the person who did it felt like they where trying to pressure me away or isolate me or attempt to reveal stuff that was either inappropriate or other i mentioned this post resignation so no one else could be targeted.

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
9 hours ago, Harry Cramb said:

All 3 of those enlisted members are no longer with us. I'll be filing Crystals discharge since she doesn't wish to file a resignation from what I am aware. Sweetly did really nothing with us and was caught duel clanning. Lucy simply didn't agree with her orders and resigned (she was also previously caught dual clanning). 

The only incident I am aware of, was the incident with Lucy and I reported it to shawn right away. I told him about the emails being shown on the website and how people are using them to dive into peoples identities. Again at this time and from what I am aware of now Lucy was and has been the only victim. Which i am sure also contributed to her leaving. But she did mainly leave due to not wishing to take orders. 

Sweettly ended up discussing it with others outside of the clan that circled back to me, I will have to send them a formal invite back and apology. Should they not accept, no harm done. Just documenting good gesture to not look like asshats. 

Auditor

Auditor

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN
  • ACCESS [3] TOP SECRET

The promotions as compensation? Anyone could have signed up and risked email addresses being open. I think that should have been discussed at the very least. 

if Microsoft suffers from a cyber attack where data is breached I’m not compensated until a class action lawsuit happens if at all. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
On 2/10/2021 at 3:56 PM, Anna Richards said:

The promotions as compensation? Anyone could have signed up and risked email addresses being open. I think that should have been discussed at the very least. 

if Microsoft suffers from a cyber attack where data is breached I’m not compensated until a class action lawsuit happens if at all. 

What's your proposed solution? It's already a little late for complaints. 

Intelligence Officer

Intelligence Officer

• [C] UNIT LEADER
Just now, Anna Richards said:

I want to be more informed on why/how process, I’m a Captain after all. 

A UNSC Navy Captain and Head of UNSC Special Forces wants to be more informed on why/how other members are compensated. 

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

Assistant Special Agent in Charge

• [R] RESIGNED SERVICEMEN

He is talking about the HIGHCOM forums. But nothing to be bothered about if either one of you @Anna Richards or @Alexander Reaves were active enough on the website the ranks to post there are not impossible to reach. It's the only ranking system that will probably go untouched for the rest of ONI's operational days. Best make time for this.

Senior Staff Operations Officer

Senior Staff Operations Officer

• [R] HONORABLY DISCHARGED
Just now, ADM S Osman said:

He is talking about the HIGHCOM forums. But nothing to be bothered about if either one of you @Anna Richards or @Alexander Reaves were active enough on the website the ranks to post there are not impossible to reach. It's the only ranking system that will probably go untouched for the rest of ONI's operational days. Best make time for this.

oh ok, thats cool